A stranger is on the horizon and I don’t mean a person… I am talking about 2020. It’s beginning to sink in; the fact that it’s going to be a whole new decade and I haven’t really planned or given it a lot of thought. This is the first holiday in a long time, that I have been able to relax, not worry about school, and sleep in. I feel like I never get to do that anymore.
This past decade has been good to me:
- Graduated from high school in 2010 and published my first book in the same year
- Joined the sisterhood [Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated]
- Graduated from College and Graduate school
- Signed with a Modeling & Talent Agency and landed my first Billboard
- Took a leap of faith and moved to Texas in my Honda Civic by myself
- Starred in my own show on the BVN Network [Cutting Edge & Because It Matters]
- Started my first business [Always a Lady First]
- Became a Certified Special Education Teacher in Texas & Florida
- Got married
- Had a baby girl
- My husband and I bought our first home
- Published my second book
- Began PhD School
It’s funny because I remember being in the second grade when the year 2000 hit. Many people were panicking about the new decade and that technology was going to shut down (which I find funny and laugh). Fast-forwarding two decades later, people are planning accordingly, and are ready for this new adventure. I am too, it just feels like a stranger lol (I guess this feeling is because it is truly the unknown). There are many things to come in my future and only God knows what that is.
I look forward to my husband and I owning our second home, making different moves for my business [Always a Lady First], staying on my healthy eating and exercise movement, and trying to see that light at the end of the tunnel for school. I want to continue to speak kindness and positivity into the atmosphere. If I want to see kindness, feel kindness, then I have to give it as well.
May God bless you this New Year Holiday season, and may you too be kind and spread kindness into the atmosphere. What a world we can have with kindness.
Happy New Year!