My husband doesn’t like beans or corn lol so I make his stuffed peppers without. This recipe is simple and easy! All you have to do is throw it all together. I just used whatever I had in my cupboard.
4-5 deveined and unseeded Bell Pepper
1 box of Yellow Rice
1 can of Sweet Corn
1 can of Organic Black beans (Or your choice of bean)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
**Fresh Store bought Pico
**Turmeric (1 tbs), salt, pepper, garlic (optional)
Olive oil spray
1 cake pan
- Cook rice as described on the box. I usually add turmeric, salt, pepper, and garlic for more flavor.
- Set rice aside to let cool down
- Wash well, cut the top of the bell peppers and devein and un-seed bell pepper’s
- Cut the bottom of bell pepper slightly to have ventilation (make sure its small so the rice and veggies don’t fall out).
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line cake pan with foil and spray with olive oil spray
- Rinse and clean corn and bean very well
- Place peppers in the pan
- Add black beans, corn or any other vegies you may have, season with salt, pepper, garlic (only about ½ -1 inch deep), and pico
- Next, stuff with yellow rice
- Top with cheddar cheese
- Pour ¼ cup of water in between the peppers
- Place in oven & covered 30-40 minutes, 10-15 minutes uncovered
- Let cool for 5 minutes