I’m always looking for veggie-based meal ideas. I want them taste delicious; especially since I try to cut out at much meat as I can. My husband wants to continue to still eat meat occasionally, so I have to find ways to make vegetables taste like meat, or at least something he would want more than once.
My husband loves chicken parmesan. So I wanted to make crunchy zucchini to substitute for the chicken. I think it turned out great! Crunchy, full of flavor, and can be used to top any pasta or a main course to side dishes!
1 ½ zucchini
2 cups of panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup of parmesan
2 brown eggs
**Salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, dried parsley
- Cut zucchini horizontally, about ¼ inch thick (see picture)
- Pat completely dry with a paper towel/ kitchen towel (I let them sit for at least 5 minutes to make sure there was no water)
- Beat eggs in a bowl, add salt, pepper, parsley, garlic (about a ¼ tsb each)
- In a plate, combine panko crumbs, parmesan, add salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, onion powder (about a ¼ tsb each), make sure its mixed well
- Once zucchini is dry sprinkle salt and pepper on each side
- Dip zucchini in egg mixture, make sure both sides are completely coated, then place zucchini in the panko crumbs, pat down on the zucchini to make sure it is sticking, place zucchini to the side to let sit, repeat until all pieces are covered.
- Place about 4-5 pieces of zucchini in the Air Fryer at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes (or until it is crispy to your liking, 10 minutes was fine for us), make sure all pieces are not touching, this insures a good crisp if you space them correctly.
Talk about a healthy crunchy meal!
Subscribe and let me know if you’ve tried the meal!