Turkey Meatballs – Whole Wheat Spaghetti
I don’t cook meatballs often, because I have to have the patience to roll each ball lol. However, they always come out delicious and worth it! In this recipe I used vodka sauce. It is very delicious and doesn’t just taste like tomato paste (for me that can be too much, so I use vodka sauce). The good part is, you can find it from any grocery store, and you can add any vegetable you like. Try it out and let me know, how your meal turned out!
2 small garlic cloves minced
1 bottom of a minced red pepper (about 2 ½ tablespoons)
½ tablespoon of squeezed ginger
1 pound of ground turkey
1 brown egg
*Dried Parsley, Turmeric, Salt, Pepper, Sazón (all dry ingredients I used about a ½ tablespoon or less).
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and make sure the squeezed ginger is properly mixed as well.
- Take a small spoon and mold your turkey meatballs and place on a cookie sheet, one inch apart (I put foil underneath to catch all the fat). One pound should make 20-25 meatballs.
- Let set in the frig for 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook meatballs for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Once the meat balls are fully cooked, you can begin to make your own sauce to go with it. Make sure the meatballs are room temperature before placing them in the sauce (so they do not break apart).
- I added the rest of the red pepper and crumbled cauliflower (organic, store bought) to my sauce to make it thick and flavorful (optional).