I am not a huge fan of red sauce pasta, or bread crumbs… however, I decided to switch it up and try something new and healthy! Panko, in my opinion is a very light and crunchy bread crumb! You will enjoy it with every bite, I promise!
2-3 boneless chicken breasts (or buy a slap of chicken tender pieces)
2 Brown eggs
3 cups of Panko Crumbs
Coconut Oil (use in moderation)
**salt, pepper, dry parsley, onion powder, dry garlic powder (use in moderation)
- Thinly slice chicken breasts ¼ of an inch thick. Try your best to cut the chicken tender tick (or you can buy the chicken already tender cut).
- In a bowl, put the thin chicken, squeeze the lime over the chicken. Let sit for 5 minutes. The lime will naturally salt the chicken!
- Add to your liking of dry ingredients. I love the taste of garlic and pepper so I usually put a little more of those ingredients!
- In a separate bowl, beat the two eggs (add a pinch of salt and pepper).
- On a separate plate pour the Panko crumbs (add pepper and parsley) this gives the crumbs a little more flavor!
- Heat a skillet pan to medium-high, add a tablespoon’s worth of coconut oil (or until the pan is lightly covered.
- Drip one piece of chicken, dip chicken in eggs (make sure it is covered on both sides), lay chicken in Panko Crumbs (completely cover on both sides), drop chicken in pan.
- Turn chicken over once chicken has browned. Repeat.
- ** You can put multiple pieces of chicken in the pan; only if there is enough room. Do not over crowd the pan. It is important to cook all pieces of chicken at the right temperate, and that they are cooked well.